On the second day of my visit my nephew took us to  Snowmass.  It is by far the
biggest of the 4 Aspen skiing Co. areas and  is heavily patronized by families.
On this basis he reasoned that it  might have the easiest to find powder in the
trees on the 4th day after a  storm.  Always take the local's advice.  We found
it in the Campground  area on the periphery of the trail map.  You had to go in
pretty deep  and it was pretty tight, after all it was 4 days after the last
snow.   It was also some of the best powder I have skied in a while and totally
untracked.  At the end of the day we took a run on The Big Burn, perhaps
Snowmass' signature trail, in memory of my friend John, who succumbed  to cancer
several years ago.  Perhaps his favorite thing to do in the  world was to ski
with his kids and grandkids on the Big Burn.
http://www.aspensnowmass.com/images/dyn/trailmaps/jpg-High/sn.html