Telefest at Hickory was really quite fun. The Telemarkers there are really warm and inviting people and welcomed all sliders on whatever boards/set-ups that gave people the most joy.

I started out on alpine gear to enjoy the double black diamond off-piste Tour de Trees in comfort. I switched to telemark for the afternoon and had a lot of attention from some excellent telemarkers/instructors. I still don't love telemarking, but it was nice to do it again and celebrate at Telefest.

Pictures are here
http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Hickory-Ski-Center-NY-2-12-11-Telefest-tp2483812p2498124.html