Scott D., the ski you need is a pair of Voelkl Super G skis.  I've got two pair: a 208 cm pair & a 211 cm pair; and I can unequivocally say that they are awesome.  When you get them up over 35 m.p.h., they carve like a dream, yet they remain very stable even at 65 m.p.h. and above.  They handle powder like a champ--when I got a little late and low on the crux gate of the Stowe Schuss in my training run, they sliced and diced the untracked pow-pow.  Try to get the vintage with the flames & gas hydrant graphics--they look as awesome as they ski:  badssa!  Don't listen to the others; how you've gone this long without a pair of Voelkl Super G skis boggles the mind.

--Matt K.

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Leigh Daboll <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I know I have been pushing the Bluehouse Maestros for a while.  ToddP, a lurker on the list just bought a pair from the factory for a astounding sale price of $325.00. He`s out in Rossland  skiing on them this week for the first time as a matter of fact.  I`ll be curious if he likes them as much as I do for an around ski and be looking for a report.  118mm waist, tons of rocker, skis like a chanrm on powder or groomers or crud.

Leigh

From: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of S H
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 12:39 PMSubject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Things I don't like to hear

my 2 cents...

The Prophet 100 is about as stiff as the Mantra, but a bit more foregiving especially in bumps and a bit wider. A fantastic carver on hardpack (it's true) as well as powder ski. A real do-all. Ask anyone who has them.

I also have the Gotama. I love them in powder. They smear nicely, but they feel like too much ski for me, at least here in the east (178cm). I would like to sell them at the end of this season. I am taking them out to BC...leaving my Prophets at home...bringing my AT mounted Pocket Rockets as well.

If I were to do it all over, I'd just get the Prophet 100s, mount them AT and would never need another ski until they wore out.

If someone makes me a reasonable offer on the Gotamas (Jester bindings), I will let them go in March...but I may just sell them out there, so you'd need to let me know soon.

-Sharon