FWIW...my friends would be happy in a tent. Personally, I dislike hostels and was pushing for a hotel, but my friends were the ones who prefered the hostel (New Grand or Hume). I didn't make that choice. Last time I stayed in a hostel (in Banff) I decided I would never do that again. The others pushed me into the hostel...so spew away all you want...

My friends are FAR from fancy (and same for me...though I do like comfort).

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 9:25 AM, Leigh Daboll <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
uhmmm....He's your ski buddy until he spends a few days in the Nelson hostel you've currently got him booked into....;-)

Leigh

From: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of S H
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2011 9:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Lift Conversations

When I was at Solitude last year, I was skiing with a group of 3 and it was my turn to ride solo. A guy asked if he could ride up with me. We had some lively conversation and found we were very like-minded. Turns out he lives within an hour of my home and by the time we got to the top, he was my new ski pal (as long as I was game to ski where he wanted to ski...which was no problem). We spent the week skiing together in Utah, and since then we've skied at Gore together a bunch. Next week he and his rippin sister are joining me n Pam and 6 others on our trip to BC.

Gotta love the chair lift conversation.

-Sharon