A few people in backchannel discussion seemed to misunderstand my post so I'll
try to make it more clear.  Lou Dawson writes:
"at this juncture of design and function in the tech interface, any of the
presently manufactured tech bindings could never match the consistency of
release values in the best alpine bindings unless they are tested statically
without much if any changes in ski flex or boot fittings".
http://www.wildsnow.com/3485/g3-onyx-release-12/

I was wondering if people were adjusting for this in reality, or just using the
same setting they would use on an alpine binding.