We could just start a Mean Old Man alliance instead.

Here's what we can do:

1.) Pick a few bogus trailheads that have no skiing at all near them (might
actually be kinda hard!).

2.) Make a few obvious posts about these wrong trailheads on Ski-VT, TGR,
T4T, etc...

3.) Go cut some sucker holes at obvious places at said trailheads.

4.) Let Mean Old Man wander around miles from the goods cataloging the BC
skiing equivalent of the jackalope.

5.) Laugh.

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 4:30 PM, John Gilbert <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> if anyone has been to big jay lately, they'll notice the parking lot on 242
> has a few "no parking" and "private property" signs up (tacked to trees,
> bought from the hardware store).  we wondered if it could be this renegade
> curmudgeon after reading the post.
>
> they're pointless signs, partially obscured by the snowbank.  nobody pays
> much attention to them.
>
> still, it would be nice to see some real enforcement over at jay- they
> should keep it closed from the top permanently (as in forever).  if you want
> in, hike in from the road- that access trail and the jailhouse chute should
> never have been cut to begin with.  now the place is getting tracked out
> like crazy, and folks ski the jailhouse chute reguarly (which doesn't hold
> snow from what i hear).
>

> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Jonny Adler <[log in to unmask]>wrote:
>
>> Mike:
>>
>> He is looking for trimmed lines. What he does is go on the Internet and
>> read
>> TR's and posts.  He identifies the trailhead based on what people
>> say--like
>> "anyone want to meet at the Teardrop tonight"?  Obviously the Teardrop is
>> OK to
>> mention because it is an actual ski trail.  It's perfectly legal to ski
>> anywhere, so
>> the reason not to mention a trailhead (other than keeping your secret) is
>> not
>> legality, it's because he goes there and then follows tracks.
>>
>> There are lots of naturally open areas and he's not concerned in the
>> slightest
>> about that. He's looking for cuts, and he has an agenda about it.
>>
>> We all need to police everyone that posts trailheads in my opinion.

"I'm a simple man, Hobbes."
"You?? Yesterday you wanted a nuclear powered car that could turn into a jet
with laser-guided heat-seeking missiles!"
"I'm a simple man with complex tastes."