just a though-

you think, given this fellow's purportedly surly demeanor, that he was a fun
guy to work with?  this may be beside the point, but you got to question
such a person's retirement party: was it a celebration of his past service,
or future absence?  the phone calls reporting this particular retiree's
inane, meddlesome pursuits must be a topic of conversation in some circles
down at the office.

i really, really hope to meet this guy.