Heh. Yes one can definitely connect the dots on that one. There is also a
photo circulating about the internet of the same rope-coiled-cover-character
ascending the Trap Dike with skis on his back. It certainly isn't a
difficult line of reasoning to continue that it was then skied by said
character after that. That's hardly a trip report though. Just (as I
mentioned earlier [self Jimski?]), a whisper from the notoriously secretive
ADK BC skiing community about their ski accomplishments.

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Nathan Bryant <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> The cover photo of Drew Haas' much-maligned book is, I believe, of a dude
> carrying a rope on the summit of Colden... make of that what you will.
>
> I know Jan has at least done some recon up there.
>

> On 2/18/2011 12:24 PM, Greg Petrics wrote:
>
>> Yeah. I saw that. Not to be too snobby, but that one doesn't get above the
>> waterfall. To me that's an important distinction. I'm sure it was still fun.
>>
>> On Feb 18, 2011, at 9:21 AM, Marc Chrusch<[log in to unmask]>  wrote:
>>
>>  At 05:57 AM 2/18/2011, Greg Petrics wrote:
>>>
>>>  Thanks all for the link to FIS Alex, and thanks for all the compliments.
>>>>
>>> Here's another one I was able to find:
>>> http://www.adkforum.com/showthread.php?t=15049
>>>
>>> -marc

"I'm a simple man, Hobbes."
"You?? Yesterday you wanted a nuclear powered car that could turn into a jet
with laser-guided heat-seeking missiles!"
"I'm a simple man with complex tastes."