I've also enjoyed Denis' posts, and thanks Andy, you've shown that there is more to skiing than powder.

Mike

On Feb 24, 2011, at 11:22 PM, Andy Dulik wrote:

The snow report said something about how we were “previously blessed with great snow, but now the skiing was classic new England, and that’s what made us tough”.  It wasn’t very appetizing.  Unfortunately, today was likely the only time I could get my kids to the holy land this season, their first time, unless march is nonstop 2 foot dumps.  With that said, they choose MRG over mount snow without hesitation.  I must be raising them right.

Skiing was wonderful.  Somehow I’ve never had a bad day there.  Lump on top, my kids first single ride, their exploring the mountain, and my daughter, the timid one, deciding that lower antelope, marked ‘experts only’ was her favorite run, and how could it be bad?  Some of the flatter terrain was fairly icy, though where it was groomed was very nice.  The trails with bumps, were firm, but very edge able, as only natural snow can be given the recent weather. (A certain southern resort has been working very hard to recover, doing very admirably, including blowing snow, but it still does not compare.)

I am amazed at how complacent I have become skiing down south.  Simple things like riding the lifts;  My daughter commented on how beautiful it was riding the double, I had to agree.  My son asked if I liked the MRG lifts because you could have a conversation on the lift… Shortly thereafter, my son pestered me to take him to paradise, as a Dad, how could I resist.  I had more fun skiing the woods between fall line and paradise, than almost anything else I skied today, much less the last week. I realized I have been away too long, (kids will do that) but given that my kids decided the 2.5 hour one way drive was worth it, its likely returning more frequently will be possible.

P.S., Denis, keep on posting.  I am envious of your powder, but vicariously enjoying your trip.