just a though-

you think, given this fellow's purportedly surly demeanor, that he was a fun guy to work with?  this may be beside the point, but you got to question such a person's retirement party: was it a celebration of his past service, or future absence?  the phone calls reporting this particular retiree's inane, meddlesome pursuits must be a topic of conversation in some circles down at the office.

i really, really hope to meet this guy.