A note from Microsoft crossed my Inbox, yesterday. We strongly encourage anyone running any version Windows Vista to upgrade to Windows 7 SP1.

Reminder: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 End of Support

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) will reach the end of support on July 12, 2011. From that date onward, Microsoft will no longer provide support or free security updates for Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1). In order to stay secure and continue support you must upgrade to Service Pack 2 (SP2).

Products no longer supported

*Note that Windows XP SP3 Mainstream Support ended April 14, 2009. Extended Support will end April 8, 2014.

Please don’t wait to migrate to Windows 7.

--Geoff

Geoffrey Duke
802.656.1172 |
Sr System Administrator | Enterprise Technology Services | University of Vermont