We briefly deployed Vista a couple of springs ago; have those machines been offered SP2 via our WUS? (and I have no clue if I'm using the right terminology here).

I really don't want to encourage my people to upgrade to Win7 themselves if I can avoid it.  However that means that these people would be "stuck" with Vista until Spring 2013 when we replace their machines again.

On Mar 29, 2011, at 10:51 AM, Geoffrey Duke wrote:

> A note from Microsoft crossed my Inbox, yesterday. We strongly encourage anyone running any version Windows Vista to upgrade to Windows 7 SP1.
>
> Reminder: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 End of Support
>
> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) will reach the end of support on July 12, 2011. From that date onward, Microsoft will no longer provide support or free security updates for Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1). In order to stay secure and continue support you must upgrade to Service Pack 2 (SP2).
>
> Products no longer supported
> As announced in 2008, support for Windows XP Service Pack 2* ended on July 13, 2010.
> Also announced in 2008, support for Windows 2000 ended on July 13, 2010.
> Support for Windows Vista Release to Manufacturing (RTM) ended April 13, 2010.
>
> *Note that Windows XP SP3 Mainstream Support ended April 14, 2009. Extended Support will end April 8, 2014.
>
> Please donít wait to migrate to Windows 7.
>
> --Geoff
>
> Geoffrey Duke
> 802.656.1172 | Sr System Administrator | Enterprise Technology Services | University of Vermont

Andrew Hendrickson
CAS, IT Administrator
UVM, College of Arts & Sciences
438 College Street #402