Hey, what gossip?? That's all old stuff. Get with the times.

According to a statistic from the New York Times, after years of violence,
Medellin has become fairly safe: it has a crime rate lower than Washington
D.C. And Bogota is as safe as New York.

For a more accurate picture:

http://globetrooper.com/notes/does-colombia-deserve-its-reputation/