http://www.wptz.com/r/27234597/detail.html

*
BURLINGTON, Vt. --*The Burlington-metro area was ranked among the
happiest cities in the country by a recent Gallup poll. The survey
considered the health, lifestyle choices and optimism of residents."It
doesn't surprise me to hear that at all," said Meredith Astels, a
Burlington resident. "I always had this little theory that it might be
because we go through this long winter, and then it's times like spring
that it's just pure rejoice."Huntington, W.V. was ranked the saddest
place to live, while Boulder, CO. ranked as the happiest large city in
the nation. Burlington topped the charts among cities with less than
300,000 people."I love the outdoors and hiking and running and biking,"
said Alyssa Hansen, who thought that people in Burlington were happy
because of the many outdoor opportunities.Burlington ranked high in
exercise and healthy eating, while having a very low number of people
with diabetes and obesity.*
*

--
Alfred C. Snider aka Tuna
Edwin Lawrence Professor of Forensics, University of Vermont