http://www.wptz.com/r/27234597/detail.html

The Burlington-metro area was ranked among the happiest cities in the country by a recent Gallup poll. The survey considered the health, lifestyle choices and optimism of residents."It doesn't surprise me to hear that at all," said Meredith Astels, a Burlington resident. "I always had this little theory that it might be because we go through this long winter, and then it's times like spring that it's just pure rejoice."Huntington, W.V. was ranked the saddest place to live, while Boulder, CO. ranked as the happiest large city in the nation. Burlington topped the charts among cities with less than 300,000 people."I love the outdoors and hiking and running and biking," said Alyssa Hansen, who thought that people in Burlington were happy because of the many outdoor opportunities.Burlington ranked high in exercise and healthy eating, while having a very low number of people with diabetes and obesity.

--
Alfred C. Snider aka Tuna
Edwin Lawrence Professor of Forensics, University of Vermont