*USU 2011 IN BRIEF (attachments left off this mass email)
*

Six hundred people are about to come to our campus for a national
championship tournament. Here are some things you need to know.We think
we have done and will do our part, but we need your informed cooperation
so that we all will have a better experience.

http://debate.uvm.edu/debateblog/usu2011

*Before you arrive:*

低heck your entry on the website. Inform us of changes. Check back to
make sure it is updated properly. Contact Alfred Snider at

克udges need to take judge test.*Judges MUST take the test.
*http://debate.uvm.edu/debateblog/usu2011/Judge_Test.html

低irculate debater briefing to debaters.
http://debate.uvm.edu/dcpdf/usu2011briefing.pdf

兵et us know if you have food allergies.

伯e aware of University of Vermont conduct code, which we will use
instead of an equity code.
http://www.uvm.edu/policies/student/studentharas.pdf

伯ring registration payment with you.

兌f you have been offered pick up for special reasons contact Tom
Dionesotes at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

兌f you will need shuttle from the hotel to the tournament contact Tom
Dionesotes. [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

兌f you have crash housing contact John Sadek. [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or Alli Hamlin [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

*Upon arriving on Thursday (or other times):*

你t the airport baggage claim area there is a phone bank, call
Windjammer Inn and a shuttle will come and pick you up.

低ome to campus Angell B112 on Thursday at 7 PM and watch the finals of
the Americas Cup.See the schedule at
http://debate.uvm.edu/debateblog/usu2011/Americas_Cup.html

余njoy the downtown area, take a taxi from the hotel if you must, short
ride, well worth it.

判lease drink legally and in moderation at all times.

*On Friday:*

*One**representative* *only* from each school should come to Huber
House for registration between 8 AM & 1 PM. Be prepared to get the water
bottles for your entire squad (we have bags). Shuttles will run from the
hotel.

冶ake sure all attendees receive the tournament information folder given
at registration with map, schedule and a lot more. Make sure all
attendees (who want them) get tickets for Saturday night club offerings.

刨huttles leave from the hotel starting at Noon and ending at 2:45 PM.
Please get on an early van. If too many try to board at the last minute
you will have to take a taxi. 862-1010.

即ou must be in the Ira Allen Chapel at 3 PM when roll call will begin.
At 3:30 PM there will be a short briefing. At 4 PM we will announce the
motion.

你fter round two shuttles will leave for the hotel.

佝riday night you are on your own, but make sure to enjoy Burlington
downtown!

兵ook for late night shuttles from downtown. Intersection of Church & Main.

*On Saturday:*

刨huttles from the hotel, start early and don't face the crowds. Leave
before 7:30 AM. If too many try to board at the last minute you will
have to take a taxi.862-1010.

伶ebaters will gather for roll call and breakfast at either Marsh Life
235 or Angell B106 at 8 AM. Your squad will be assigned to one of these
spots, but after tht you can go to either debater room.

克udges will gather for roll call and breakfast at Lafayette 108
(Lafayette 207 overflow) at 8 AM.

兵unch will be served at Marsh Life and Angell.

你fter round six we will announce the breaks as soon as possible in
Marsh Life 235.

刨huttles leave for hotel, Delegate Dinner, downtown.

刨aturday night after break announced -- one delegate from each American
school represented is invited to the Delegate Dinner at Parima, business
meeting, choose 2012 host.

18-21 year olds can attend event at Rasputin's nightclub with the
ticket provided at registration. Dancing and DJ. We have purchased
tickets that we will distribute

21+ year olds can attend event at Nectar's nightclub with ticket
provided at registration. Dancing, DJ, live entertainment. We have
purchased tickets that we will distribute

兵ook for late night shuttles leaving from downtown to the hotel.

*On Sunday:*

伯reakfast at Royall Tyler Theatre.

你rrive at Royall Tyler Theatre for roll call at 8 AM. Be early, not late.

伶isqualification of teams not present at 8:30 AM.

兵unch at Royall Tyler Theatre at 1 PM.

2 PM Semifinals

4:30 PM Finals

6 PM Awards Assembly

刨huttles back to hotel.

刨unday night on your own.

--
Alfred C. Snider aka Tuna
Edwin Lawrence Professor of Forensics, University of Vermont