	*Office of the
Board of Trustees*

	March 28, 2011

/From:/// Robert F. Cioffi, Chairman of the Board of Trustees

/To:/// Dustin Evatt, President Graduate Student Senate

/Re:/*Student Nominees for the Presidential Search Committee*

        As you are aware I recently announced plans to initiate the
        search for 26th President of the University of Vermont and we
        must now constitute the Presidential Search Committee. The
        /University Manual /process requires that the Presidential
        Search Committee include "no fewer than two students on the
        committee...from a list proposed by the Student Government
        Association." I intent to expand the representation on the
        Committee to include at least one graduate student.

        Consequently, I am asking you, please, to identify a list of at
        least three graduate student nominees for membership on the
        Presidential Search Committee. I would like to have the names of
        the student nominees no later than Friday, April 15, 2011.
        Please forward the names of the students to
        [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> with a copy
        to [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>. It is my
        expectation that the Search Committee will meet at least twice
        prior to the end of the semester and will meet several times
        over the summer.The first meeting of the Presidential Search
        Committee is scheduled for Tuesday, April 26, 2011 from 1:00 --
        3:00 p.m. in Billings Library, Marsh Lounge. I ask that you
        convey to the students this information so that they are aware
        of the time commitments as well as the first meeting of the
        Presidential Search Committee.

        Thanks very much for your assistance in expediting this process.
        Swift action will allow us to convene the search committee
        before the end of the semester and advertise nationally with the
        plan to complete the process to assure an orderly transition on
        July 1, 2012.

        cc: Vice Presidents, Deans, and Directors
        Faculty Senate, c/o President James Burgmeier
        Staff Council, c/o President Ida Russin
        Student Government Association, c/o Kofi Mensah
        UVM Students
        UVM Board of Trustees

--
Robert F. Cioffi, UVM '90
Chairman

(802) 656-7898

UVM is subject to the Vermont Public Records Act and communications to and from this email address, including attachments,
are subject to disclosure unless exempted under the Act or otherwise applicable law.