[log in to unmask]" alt=""> Office of the
Board of Trustees

March 28, 2011

From:               Robert F. Cioffi, Chairman of the Board of Trustees

To:                   Dustin Evatt, President Graduate Student Senate

Re:                   Student Nominees for the Presidential Search Committee
As you are aware I recently announced plans to initiate the search for 26th President of the University of Vermont and we must now constitute the Presidential Search Committee. The University Manual process requires that the Presidential Search Committee include “no fewer than two students on the committee…from a list proposed by the Student Government Association.” I intent to expand the representation on the Committee to include at least one graduate student.

Consequently, I am asking you, please, to identify a list of at least three graduate student nominees for membership on the Presidential Search Committee. I would like to have the names of the student nominees no later than Friday, April 15, 2011. Please forward the names of the students to [log in to unmask] with a copy to [log in to unmask]. It is my expectation that the Search Committee will meet at least twice prior to the end of the semester and will meet several times over the summer.  The first meeting of the Presidential Search Committee is scheduled for Tuesday, April 26, 2011 from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. in Billings Library, Marsh Lounge. I ask that you convey to the students this information so that they are aware of the time commitments as well as the first meeting of the Presidential Search Committee.

Thanks very much for your assistance in expediting this process. Swift action will allow us to convene the search committee before the end of the semester and advertise nationally with the plan to complete the process to assure an orderly transition on July 1, 2012.

cc:        Vice Presidents, Deans, and Directors
            Faculty Senate, c/o President James Burgmeier
            Staff Council, c/o President Ida Russin
            Student Government Association, c/o Kofi Mensah
            UVM Students
            UVM Board of Trustees

--
Robert F. Cioffi, UVM ‘90
Chairman

(802) 656-7898

UVM is subject to the Vermont Public Records Act and communications to and from this email address, including attachments,
are subject to disclosure unless exempted under the Act or otherwise applicable law.