[log in to unmask]" alt=""> Office of the
Board of Trustees

March 28, 2011

From:               Robert F. Cioffi, Chairman of the Board of Trustees

To:                   UVM Community

Re:                   Presidential Search Process
Earlier today, the UVM Board of Trustees met to discuss the search process for the 26th President of the University of Vermont—a process we fully intend to complete in time for an orderly and seamless transition at the end of academic year 2011-12. An essential first step in the process is the appointment of the Presidential Search Committee. Recognizing the central role that the Board of Trustees plays in the selection of the President, the Board asked and I have accepted the appointment as Chair of the Search Committee. The Board also approved the appointment of Dr. Patricia Prelock, Professor of Communication Sciences and Dean of the College of Nursing and Health Sciences as Vice Chair.  I am pleased that Dr. Prelock has accepted this important role and look forward to working with her in the months ahead.

In keeping with the provisions of the University Manual, Section 202.2.3, I communicated with the Deans of the Colleges and Schools asking them to initiate the process of electing the faculty who will comprise the faculty panel.  In turn, the panel will elect from its membership four faculty members to serve on the Presidential Search Committee. Further, I have asked Dustin Evatt, President of the Graduate Student Senate, Kofi Mensah, President of the Student Government Association, and Ida Russin, President of the Staff Council to provide me with names to consider for appointment to the Search Committee. It is my expectation that the Presidential Search Committee will meet at least twice prior to the end of the current semester and will meet over the summer as well.

In the weeks ahead I anticipate providing opportunities for members of the University community to offer comments and suggestions regarding the characteristics and leadership qualities of the next president.  Thank you in advance for your involvement in the important process of selecting the next president of the University of Vermont.

CC:      UVM Board of Trustees

--
Robert F. Cioffi, UVM ‘90
Chairman

(802) 656-7898

UVM is subject to the Vermont Public Records Act and communications to and from this email address, including attachments,
are subject to disclosure unless exempted under the Act or otherwise applicable law.