Had great fun birding in Chittenden Co today with friends that have recently
returned from birding in New Mexico. After Bruce McPherson's post of
the *Red-Shouldered
Hawk* at Wooside Park, Pat Folsom, Ali Wagner (Chittenden Co co-captain) and
I decided to head there first. Larry Clarfeld and his fiancee, Natalie, met
us there. We stopped where Larry had seen the Winter Wren, and that where we
first saw the Red-Shouldered, but not the wren. The hawk gave us great looks
all around the swamp as we toured Woodside.

The three of us then headed to the Intervale Compost facility to look for
gulls and Fish Crows. Not much luck until we saw *2 Peregrine's* soaring
above us!

We stopped a few other places, the last being Ethan Allen Park off North
Ave. We were looking for Brown Creepers. We found none, but we did see many
Robins and then Pat spied* 3 Red-Winged Black Birds*!

Hooray for spring and birding with friends!
Patti
Moretown Village