Early this morning I had a single female White-wing Crossbill and two deer at
the feeders. The crossbill has showed up on and off for the last two months.
As for the deer
It’s a sad story and I know this is off topic ( about the deer) but I know some
of you would be interested in this, so here goes and its graphic. Be
forewarned

The deer have been around all winter, but in the last two weeks have been
eating from the feeders, seeds off the ground and foraging on the hemlocks
around here. Sadly there was three of them till sat when only the doe and
fawn showed up with what looks like they were attacked by coyotes or wild
dogs( very vivid wounds ) to the hind quarters and neck . They have been
sleeping out back for the last few days and now the doe can no longer lay
down because of her damaged leg. It's hard to watch Nature's story unfold, I
will post some images when this story is over...........

Good Birding
Peter Manship
Ludlow Vt