Our farm tends to be a bit of a "refrigerator" as it is nestled along the Mad River where the valley is fairly narrow.
So, the Redpolls are probably still feeling quite at home as they continue to visit us.  This morning's group was 29 as nearly as I could count on a quick walk past the window where the feeders are.
Other than a couple RRBB's and Grackles, we are not seeing any spring birds yet.  I don't suppose that having 2' of snow covering the entire farm is very welcoming.  Perhaps we'll end up providing good habitat for the later arrivals this year.
Scott Sainsbury
Moretown