I always save this message as the issue comes up on a regular basis.

Hi All,

I lurk on the VTBirds list to "harvest" sightings for the North American
Birds autumn season report for New England (I am the co-editor for that
season). Without the Records of Vermont Birds reporting network this is just
about the only way I can see (admittedly raw) sighting info for Vermont
these days.

I thought the copied message below from the MDOsprey birding listerv from
Kathy Klimkiewicz of the U.S. Bird Banding Lab might prove helpful to folks
wanting to find out about color-marked birds from the Lab.

Copied message follows:
Just a reminder that bands and color markers should be reported to the Bird
Banding Laboratory either via the 1-800-323-BAND or our web reporting form
at www.pwrc.usgs.gov<about:blank> (choose monitoring and then Bird Banding Laboratory
and how to report a band). If you are reporting a color marker such as
goose collars, give the collar and code colors and the codes plus species,
location, date, and your name and address for the Certificate of
Appreciation. Be patient with color marker sightings as these can take
quite a while to process especially if we have to contact the bander for a
band number.

Good birding!

Cheers,
Kathy