And in Windsor County!  The first red-wing of the season showed up in Brownsville this morning, my true sign of spring.

Marcia

-----Original Message-----
From: Patti Haynes <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sat, Mar 5, 2011 4:33 pm
Subject: [VTBIRD] Red wings in Chittenden Co

Had great fun birding in Chittenden Co today with friends that have recently
eturned from birding in New Mexico. After Bruce McPherson's post of
he *Red-Shouldered
awk* at Wooside Park, Pat Folsom, Ali Wagner (Chittenden Co co-captain) and
 decided to head there first. Larry Clarfeld and his fiancee, Natalie, met
s there. We stopped where Larry had seen the Winter Wren, and that where we
irst saw the Red-Shouldered, but not the wren. The hawk gave us great looks
ll around the swamp as we toured Woodside.
The three of us then headed to the Intervale Compost facility to look for
ulls and Fish Crows. Not much luck until we saw *2 Peregrine's* soaring
bove us!
We stopped a few other places, the last being Ethan Allen Park off North
ve. We were looking for Brown Creepers. We found none, but we did see many
obins and then Pat spied* 3 Red-Winged Black Birds*!
Hooray for spring and birding with friends!
atti
oretown Village