The morning started out with a flock of at least 100 Bohemian Waxwings and ~20 Cedar
Waxwings in a tree by our house on Bonnyvale Rd in W. Bratt. At Putney School a male
White-winged Crossbill, ~50 C. Redpolls, and 2 Carolina Wrens were the highlights. Above
the dam in Vernon, early afternoon, there was 1 male Red-breasted Merganser, 1 male
Bufflehead, 1 Pied-billed Grebe, and 12 Ring-necked Ducks. About 35 C. Goldeneye were
feeding below the dam. I was very surprised to find 4 Lapland Longspurs feeding in the
manure piles across from the Pond RD, RTE 142 intersection along with ~ 100 Horned
Larks. I observed a flock of Snow buntings flying to the south but didn't get a count. Three
Red-winged Blackbirds were perched along Rte 142.  Back in Bratt. 4 Turkey Vultures were
circling around the intersection of Spruce St and Western Ave. Finally, the Merlin that I first
observed 2/7 and haven't seen for two weeks was perched in a tree at the corner of Mather
Rd and Bonnyvale Rd.
Dave Johnston