Hi VTBirders,

The North Branch Nature Center's spring bird walk series begins this
Saturday with our "Leader's Choice" bird walk.  The walk will begin at the
North Branch Nature Center (directions below) at 7:00 a.m.  Unfortuantely we
are losing open water faster than we're gaining it here, but we also plan to
make a trip to Berlin Pond to check for any waterfowl.  Below, you can also
find a full list of our spring bird walks.  Thanks, and good birding,

*“Leader’s Choice” Bird Walks*
*Saturdays, March 26, April 9 & April 30 7:00 - 9:30 a.m.*
Fee: $10, $5 for members
Feeling spontaneous? Interested in discovering new birding hotspots? Our new
“Leader’s Choice” bird walks will have us venturing to places both new and
familiar, in search of waterfowl, early migrating songbirds and other avian
surprises. Since road and weather conditions are often challenging during
mud season, our route and destination will be picked by our walk leader a
few days before the walk. A great way to participate in the Washington
County Birding Challenge!

*Spring Migration Bird Walks*
*Fridays, 7:00 - 8:30 a.m.*
Fee: $5, free for members
Explore NBNC and other local birding hot spots for spring migrants, such as
warblers, vireos, thrushes and waterfowl. Call for directions to meeting
locations.
    April 29 - North Branch Nature Center
    May 6 - New Shelter, Hubbard Park
    May 13 - North Branch Nature Center
    May 20 - New Shelter, Hubbard Park
    May 27 - Sodom Pond, Adamant
    June 3 - North Branch Nature Center

*From Interstate 89*

   - Take Exit 8 (Montpelier) onto Memorial Dive
   - Drive .7 miles and turn left onto Bailey Avenue. It's the second
   stoplight. (You'll see the Vermont State Employees Credit Union building and
   it big wall clock at the turn.)
   - Drive 0.1 miles (crossing the Winooski River) to the stoplight at State
   Street
   - Turn right on State Street and drive 0.4 miles (passing the Vermont
   Statehouse) to Elm Street.
   - Turn left on Elm Street and drive 2 miles to find the nature center on
   your right

(link to map <http://www.northbranchnaturecenter.org/directions.html>)

--
Larry Clarfeld