On 3/28 I was privileged to be part of a serendipitous posse of 5 late  season
Whitegrass skiers.  I had driven out to Canaan Valley the night  before for a
final WV fling before I head to VT for a while.  It had  snowed 1-2" over the
weekend.  I called Chip from the WG parking lot and  he said, "We're getting
some skiers together, be there in a few."   There proved to be more snow and
much old firm base, all natural, in the  "National Nordic Reserve", the high
country beyond ski area boundaries,  known and loved to all Whitegrassers as the
Natty Nord.  For more see,
http://www.whitegrass.com/report.html Cover shot is me at 4000 ft., end of
March, with Canaan Valley in the  background.  Scroll down to see more pictures
of Annie, Jess and the  gang.  A great day!

* John Belushi in Animal House