At 02:30 PM 4/5/2011, Miguel Naughton wrote:

>Sat 4/2 Magic Mtn.   However, I had an unpleasant
>encounter with the ski patrol, as they were quite upset that I had
>ducked a rope to ski Twilight Zone.

Generally there's a reason why some trail or area is closed, and more
than likely patrol wouldn't want to have to drag someone out of said
closed area.

Just as a PSA - if you duck a closed area ropeline in Utah, you can
be arrested. It's a class B misdemeanor, with a fine between $500 -
$2000 and possible jail time. The exact punishment will depend on how
egregious the offence and how the judge feels about it. Other western
areas are just as strict. Avalanche danger and the safety of rescue
personnel is taken pretty seriously.

-marc