I can attest to the fact that Garmonts are wide and my size is 24.5.

I tried the Scarpa T2 24.5 and while the length was fine, the volume was not and I was in pain most of the time. I learned this the first time I tried on a T2, brand new in the store 8 years ago, couldn't wait to take them off. I borrowed a pair a few weeks ago, reconfirming what I already knew and suffered with them for 2 hours.

Wondering about the Black Diamond Stilettos. Telemarkski.com just had them on sale for $299...I figure I can get them close to that price, if not now, in a few weeks. I contacted BD to verify size and they said that a women's 8.5 would be a 25 mondo. So I'm uncertain if I should get the 25 or 24.5...or just get the Garmonts because I know they already will fit me, though they are $100 more.

Turns out I have no cartilage damage. It is tendon inflammation. It seems to get better when I am not skiing. I think freeing the heel would definitely help reduce agravating my hamstring tendons. Been off alpine skis for 2 weeks and it is improving.

I plan to ski this weekend at Whiteface. I am hopeful I will not get more inflammation, though I expect that I probably will. If I'm lucky I will be able to ski 2 days. Hopefully Saturday I will be able to get some runs on the slides. They got 6" of snow there in the last coupla days, so I expect conditions to be pretty good on a sunny Saturday at 50 degrees.

If all goes well, I'm not a hurtin unit, and I can find someone to travel with, I may even show up at the partee.

-Sh