Dear Isotopists,

I work with a Carlo Erba EA linked to an Isoprime IRMS.

I thought one of the MOVPT valves of the reference gas injector (the CO2
valve) was leaking, so I re-built and tested it for atmosphere and
internal leaks.
There is no atmosphere leak, but when I open the CO2 valve, Helium
pressure in the reference gas injector increases considerably (several
psi). When I open the N2 valve which works prefectly, Helium pressure
doesn't increase...

When I rebuilt the valve, I changed all the ferrules according to both
the manufacturer (SGE) and Isoprime schematics. But these schematics are
either different of the configuration I have, or not complete, so I'm
not sure if I used the correct ferrules.

Has anybody ever encountered this problem, or can explain what's
happening in the valve ?

Thanks for your help,
Best regards,
Karine

Karine CHARLIER
Environnements et Paleoenvironnements OCeaniques
UMR CNRS 5805 EPOC
Universite Bordeaux I
Avenue des Facultes
33405 TALENCE Cedex