Dear Stable Isotopers,

The abstract deadline for ASITA 2011 is next week Weds 25 May....Please follow the link below and register for ASITA 2011 (Advanced Stable Isotope Techniques and Applications), 12-15 June 2011 and formerly the Canadian CF-IRMS.   We encourage and welcome all attendees to submit posters, oral presentations or both:

http://geol.queensu.ca/isotope_lab/ASITA2011/registration.html

The registration fee is inclusive of all the following:
- Full day of short courses provided by the experts on Sun. 12 June (including: 1) stable isotope basics, 2) elemental analyzers, and high temperature conversion elemental analyzers and 3) electronics troubleshooting and schematics). Certification will be provided upon completion of short course.
- Keynote speakers daily.
- Oral and poster presentations (2-1/2 days, Mon. 13 June - Weds. noon 15 June).
- Presentation of the Wadleigh student prize for best paper.
- Sponsors and exhibitors in stable isotope technologies and consumables.
- All lunches plus morning and afternoon coffee breaks for the entire event.
- Ice breaker (following registration Sun. 12 June).
- Reception at the Agnes Etherington Art Center (Mon. eve. 13 June).
- Banquet gala dinner and event at Ft. Henry (a UNESCO world heritage site).
- An excellent opportunity to learn and share knowledge and applications in stable isotope technologies and research.

Read on or go to the website for all details...

We are pleased to announce that QFIR (Queen's Facility for Isotope Research) will be hosting the ASITA (Advances in Stable Isotope Techniques and Applications) Workshop 2011. This will take place on the Queen's University Campus in downtown Kingston, Ontario, Canada this summer.  We have changed the name for this 17th annual event from the former Canadian CF-IRMS.  Now as ASITA,  we intend to encourage a broader global community outside of No. America, as well, we wish to include applications in stable isotope techniques beyond continuous flow capabilities alone.  Indeed, as technologies evolve, there is a need to include both the advances and their myriad applications  (e.g., portable technologies, conventional dual inlet and cavity ring-down spectroscopy).  In the past this conference has always been a well-networked and user’s driven annual event as it shall remain this upcoming year as ASITA with: short courses,  presentations and poster session to focus on the "why?" behind the science, exhibitors, keynote addresses, lab tours and social events.  We plan to make this a dynamic and educational success.  Historic and beautiful downtown Kingston and the QU Campus are on the shoreline of Lake Ontario and  the epicenter between Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal and Syracuse...we even have an airport with a control tower and VIA train service so...getting here is easy.  The webpage for registration, venue calendar, rates, accommodations and further details will be posted after the beginning of 2011.  Mark your 2011 calendars for these dates:

Sunday - Wednesday, 12-15  June 2011