A run capacitor will still be in the circuit (have a voltage potential
that can be measured) once the motor starts. A start capacitor is removed
from the circuit once it does it's job of allowing the motor to get
started. It's possible to determine which type it is with a working pump
knowing that.
That's just extra information though when a 16uF capacitor with a voltage
rating of 400V or greater will work. Expect to pay around 15USD. (and it
doesn't hurt to have an extra on hand around the lab.)
I hope this helps.