From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: 05/07/2011 07:59 PM
Subject: carbonate reaction temprature for GasBench
Sent by: Stable Isotope Geochemistry <[log in to unmask]>

Most labs react carbonates (calcite) with phosphoric acid at 25 C for 24 hours to run them on the GasBench.

If I remember correct while running Kiel Carbonate device the temperature for reaction was 70 C and the reaction time was around 40 (?) minutes. Is there any reason that will affect the isotope values if I react calcite for GasBench for an hour at 70 C and running them right away?

Thanks

Million