At 12:49 PM 5/14/2011, Steve Cavrak wrote:

On May 13, 2011, at 2:20 PM, Michael Butter wrote:

Do we have a public commitment from Balter that he will leave the list if I can prove that I am not George Salzman?

Personally, I'd prefer that you not take him up on the offer ... and I suspect that he's the only one who cares one way or another. (and I don't trust him to either leave the list or keep a passport photo private ... )

As the person who set the list up for George, there was no real expectation that names would be anything other than "nome de net" ... and with all the cybersecurity bruhaha, I think I almost prefer folks using an alias ... though it doesn't provide any protection either.

Just was emailed this photo of me in Nicaragua in 1983, speaking at a protest in Managua in front of the U.S. Embassy. Wow! (File under: But I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now ... Not!) Photo by Tony Savino.

Emacs!