From:  Mitchel Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:  Sat, 14 May 2011 14:28:57 -0400
To:  <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:  Re: Free Press and Democracy in Cuba.  Was provocateurs and
Stalinists

At 02:10 PM 5/14/2011, Larry Romsted wrote:
> So, what is the deal on the press in Cuba?

Havana, 1992. Photo by Mitchel Cohen

Oldsters queuing up for newspapers, during paper shortage. There had been
nobody on this steet a minute before, yet magically hundreds of people
appeared out of nowhere to get the moring's Granma.

Larry, I don't know the current situation in Cuba re: newspapers. What I was
pointing out is that paper is scarce -- including newsprint. How to allocate
that?

Mitchel

http://www.MitchelCohen.com

 <http://www.mitchelcohen.com/> Ring the bells that still can ring,  Forget
your perfect offering.
There is a crack, a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in.
~ Leonard Cohen