Why do Louis and you, Michael take MRz to task for reproducing an official Venezuelan gov't piece.  They didn't endorse it.  I for one am glad they published it, otherwise i would not have been aware of how f ..up Venezuelan foreign policy is.  On the other hand Chavez does describe the Bolivarian revolution as a "Patriotic" revolution.  That is what has happened throughout the twentieth century: The Marxist cadre parties have mobilized the masses around patriotic themes.  The nationalist consciousness is already there, instilled by the bourgeoisie; so they take it over.  "The Great Patriotic War," for example.  What is ultimately needed is proletarian consciousness.  Cuba appears to have had some success in developing a class consciousness that transcends nationalism.  In the U.S. one of the obstacles to true working class consciousness is a labor movement that also appeals to nationalism.

OK Venezuelan foreign policy is F .. up.  What's next?  Stop beating a dead horse.
hf