Michael:

Your statements below remind me of a FOX news broadcast.  Conclusions based
on unnamed sources without verifiable documentation in a newspaper
(Washington Post) article; one hallmark of polemicists.  I am surprised that
you as a serious leftist would fall for it.

I did a little "scientific" investigation.  I went through the Post article
below and looked for the name of an expert or expert whose "expertise"
could, in principle, be checked.  This is an obvious reaction by me because
you claim that Chomsky relies almost entirely on secondary sources.  So, I
decided to evaluate the credibility of the sources that you use for drawing
your conclusion that " give the lie to Chomsky's insistence that there is no
evidence bin Laden had anything to do with 9/11."  I conclude that you see
the Washington Post as fount of truth so trustworthy that if they write
"unnamed source" or "US Intelligence official" we should just believe them.

Also, none of the information in the article addresses evidence concerning
9/11.  So how could it demonstrate that Chomsky is lying about the evidence
that bin Laden carried out 9/11?

Do you believe that unnamed sources never lie to the public?  Do you believe
the intelligence officials never manipulate the press or reporters? Do you
believe it is wise to accept as truthful stories that are free of
documentation?

I think I. F. Stone would be very, very disappointed in you.

Me, before drawing conclusions about what Osama has done and what was the
truth about how he died, I will wait for the publishing of that treasure
trove of documents that is mentioned below and give time for people to
analyze it.

Yea, I know in about 50 years.  But what is important to building a strong
left is not this execution, but to struggle for social justice and
protection of the planet.  In that sense Evo Morales and the Bolivian
government are in the forefront.  I have forgotten exactly what they have
done, but they are pushing legislation to protect mother earth and the
people on it.  They are way out in front of the US federal government.

I have highlighted some text in red.

Larry