From: Mitchel Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 14:28:57 -0400
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Free Press and Democracy in Cuba. Was provocateurs and Stalinists

At 02:10 PM 5/14/2011, Larry Romsted wrote:
So, what is the deal on the press in Cuba?

[log in to unmask]" width="882" height="602" alt="Emacs!">

Havana, 1992. Photo by Mitchel Cohen

Oldsters queuing up for newspapers, during paper shortage. There had been nobody on this steet a minute before, yet magically hundreds of people appeared out of nowhere to get the moring's Granma.

Larry, I don't know the current situation in Cuba re: newspapers. What I was pointing out is that paper is scarce -- including newsprint. How to allocate that?

Mitchel

http://www.MitchelCohen.com

Ring the bells that still can ring,  Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack, a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in.
~ Leonard Cohen