btw, Greenwald is flat wrong when he says that the media is continuing to
report the details given on the first day. First of all, how could he know
what the media is going to report in the future, as more details emerge? But
most importantly, he's flat wrong right now: Most maintstream media outlets
are reporting the emerging new details, because they are fascinating to
everyone.

Sometimes Greenwald lets his self-righteousness get the better of him, which
is one of my main criticisms of him.

Again, we leftists must make a distinction between what we say to each other
and think in our heads, and what we say and do in the real world, and we
must understand the difference. Our fantasies don't change the world. That's
always been my point.

MB

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 12:13 AM, Stuart Newman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> "My advice would be to let Obama have this one and move on."
>
> A different, more perceptive view: http://tinyurl.com/3kdrysu
>
> With Greenwald the sarcasm is reserved for the propagandists and yahoos,
> not for critics from the left who are rightly curious as to what actually
> went
> on in the last few days, and what the six-month or more lead up to it was
> like.

Michael Balter
Contributing Correspondent, Science
Adjunct Professor of Journalism,
New York University

Email:  [log in to unmask]
Web:    michaelbalter.com
NYU:    journalism.nyu.edu/faculty/michael-balter/

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor
have no food, they call me a Communist." -- Hélder Pessoa Câmara