As often happens, David misunderstands my point.

I think there is plenty of evidence that Bin Laden is responsible for the murder of thousands, thus I give the killing of him a lower priority.

I consider the targeted assasinations of Hamas leaders a much more serious matter for the left, because the struggle against Israeli occupation of the West Bank and the siege of Gaza are outrages and opposition to them, peacefully or violently, are fully justified. Although I don't agree with everything that Hamas says and does, they are part of that struggle and so I take their side in it.

Can I be any more clear?

MB