That sure looks a Pepper and Salt skipper.
I see them quite often on the Woodford /Glastenbury dirt roads puddling.

Also, Yesterday at Bennington College..
First Peck's Skipper of the year.
others seen: Pearl Crescent, American Copper, Clouded Sulphur, Meadow Fritillary
                     Black Swallowtail, Canadian Tiger Swallowtail, Juvenal Duskywing, Red Admiral
                     and Common Ringlet.
                              Terri Armata