Great pictures and great moths - thanks for sharing them!   The moths in
"2mysterymoths.jpg" are Arched Hooktip (Drepana arcuata) on left and Two-lined
Hooktip (Drepana bilineata) on right.   In the other photo, the big moth is
a Waved Sphinx (Ceratomia undulosa) [huge awesome moths and powerful fliers
- they tend to look like bats when they come to the window!].   The moths
to either side of the Waved Sphinx are a species of melanolophia (M.
canadaria [Canada M.] or M. signataria [Signate M.]) on the left and Common
Gluphisia (Gluphisia septentrionis) on the right.

As for large silkmoths, I have had many Luna Moths over the past few
nights, plus Rosy Maple Moths, which are technically silkmoths and are gorgeous,
but are not particularly big...   This week's hot and humid weather is
perfect for moths - everyone should keep a light on and an eye out!

Good mothing,
Davie Rolnick
Rupert, VT