Re: [ISOGEOCHEM] Effect of evaporation on soil water d18O
First thing that comes to mind is the article by G.B. Allison (Stable isotopes in soil and water studies" in Causse, Ch. & Gasse, F. (Eds) (1998) "Hydrologie et geochimie isotopique".  Ed. de l'Orstom (Proceedings  of the International symposium in memory of J-Ch. Fontes, 1995).

Clemente

Can anyone point me to experimental or real examples of the effect of evaporation on water d18O in unvegetated soils (e.g. sand dunes)? My interest relates to observed depth changes in pore-water d18O in mine spoil dumps.

Tim H.E. Heaton
NERC Isotope Geosciences Laboratory
British Geological Survey
Keyworth, Nottingham NG12 5GG, England
(www.bgs.ac.uk/nigl/index.htm)
Tel. +44(0)115 936 3401
Email: [log in to unmask]

--

ROGAMOS a nuestros usuarios y amigos NO UTILICEN el servicio de CORREOS para enviar sobres y paquetes al Laboratorio. LOS ENVIOS NO SON ENTREGADOS

We kindly request our Users and Friends NOT TO USE THE SPANISH MAIL SERVICE ("CORREOS") for letters and/or parcels addressed to us. SHIPMENTS ARE NOT DELIVERED.

Dr. Clemente Recio
Laboratorio de Isótopos Estables
Fac. de Ciencias
Univ. de Salamanca
Plaza de los Caidos, S/N
E-37008 SALAMANCA
              SPAIN
Phone: (+34) 923 29 45 00, Ext. 1540 (Automatic Switchboard)
Fax:     (+34) 923 29 45 14
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Web page: http://www.usal.es/isotopos