ACSU is seeking a Mac Network Manager who will maintain the computers across multiple schools in a K-8 setting. The candidate will be responsible for both Mac and Linux servers, Mac desktops, Mac laptops, switches and routers. The ideal candidate will be able to shape the evolution of the use of technology within the schools through the design of forward thinking computer networks that meet the needs of students. The candidate would need to quickly respond to requests for the installation and configuration of software and the repair of individual machines that directly meets teacher needs.
- The Mac Network Manager will be self-motivated, highly organized and provide support to
students and staff through the design and maintenance of a first class computer network.
- Will also be responsible for coordinating work within a highly effective technology team.
- Must possess interpersonal communication skills and patience working with both staff and students to meet their technology needs. Experience mentoring users in software usage highly desired.
- Experience working within a school setting and maintaining images and computer labs for Macs.
- Applicant must have a high degree of experience networking Macintosh Computers and possess experience with Mac OSX Server and Workgroup Manager.
- Needs experience working within a school setting and maintaining images and computer labs for Macs.
- Experience with switch management, Dans Guardian, Cisco Firewalls, Linux and Windows is highly desirable. Strong foundational understanding of IP networking is also highly desired.
- Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds and perform such other tasks as may be assigned by immediate supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Contract, salary and benefits as prescribed by the Addison Central Supervisory Union Board upon recommendation of the Superintendent. Position open until filled.