All Vermont Educators!
ISTE 2011† !!!!†
Canít get to Philadelphia on June 25th-28th? NO Problem!†
† SIGVE (special interest group for virtual education) speakers will be presenting their topics on the 27th and 28th at ISTE Island in Second Life.

Location
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/ISTE%20Island/96/58/501
You'll need a second life account which can be gotten here†https://join.secondlife.com/?lang=en-US or ask me (Jane) and I'll loan you one of my training avatars.

The schedule of† Presenters can be found at:
http://tinyurl.com/SIGVE-SCHEDULE

30 plus fantastic speakers to choose from!

NO traffic, NO Hotels, just grab a cup of coffee, put your feet up and join in from the comfort of your home!!!† Come for one session or plan to spend the day or two.

Oh, So you are going to Philadelphia. Great!† Spend some time at the SIGVE (special interest group for virtual education) Playground at the conference center - see/hear the same speakers as listed above and chat up the on-site presenters/volunteers about how they use Virtual Worlds and other really cool tech in Teaching

Here's a sampling for†Monday 6/27†

8:30 a.m. EST

John Lemmon presents

Outdoor Animation

Platform: Outdoors

Stop motion animation and clay animation are strictly for indoors, right? Not anymore. See how the iPod touch, cool apps and personal hotspots let students and teachers create, edit and upload animation while outdoors. Want to make a movie about the plant cycle? Take it outdoors!

10:30 a.m. EST

Jessica Brogley presents

Second Life for NOOBs : )

Platform: Second Life

I'm barely in Second Life so I offer a good perspective on how a teacher can manage their experience in SL in a realistic way that is fun and educational. I will show people how to maximize their experience when they don't have a lot of time or skill. Of course, the most important concept -- have a sense of humor and be patient!

1:00 pm EST

Marianne Malmstrom presents

LEGO Universe "Saving the Universe" in School

Platform: Lego Universe

Last fall the Elisabeth Morrow School, in Englwooe, N.J., embarked on an exciting quest: develop an after-school program that teaches safe, civil online behavior to 3rd and 4th graders using LEGO Universe. Designed for 8-to-12-year-olds, this unique new MMOG allows users to join an epic quest, complete missions, and create, build, and animate their own content in a safe environment. These combined features, along with the game's popularity with our students, made LEGO Universe a promising candidate for use in our after-school classroom.

Any questions? Please contact:
Dennis Johnson [log in to unmask] (Darwin Daxtor in Second Life)
Jane Wilde [log in to unmask] (Esme Qunhua in Second Life

--
Jane Wilde
Geek, learner, teacher, trainer