Err it's Windows Deployment Services; all these acronyms.  I'm still a new comer to WDS and I have to admit it was a beast to get a working answer file; it's totally changed from XP and I never tried to sysprep Vista.  Setting up WDS was the easy part.  Capturing images, figuring out how to inject NIC drivers into Windows PE, and creating the answer file was the hard part.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771670(WS.10).aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd348502(WS.10).aspx

I did document some of what was needed to get the job done, but it's not pretty.  We will be reviewing our setup this summer and will improve on it.

Also, I bought a book on Windows deployment and that helped with the answer file.  It's at home, I'll forward the isbn later.  It's more of a Windows deployment study guide.

Paul Wood
P. 802-382-1720
Network Staff, ACSU

WARNING: This message may contain information that is confidential and/or protected under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act or other lawfully recognized privilege. If you receive this message in error or through inappropriate means, please reply to this message to notify the Sender that the message was received by you in error, and then permanently delete this message from all storage media, without forwarding or retaining a copy.