Ditto: Or "devices" (cameras, Flips, voice recorders, MP3 players, etc.) are
included in tech equipment inventory but they are circulated through our
catalog and supported by the librarians. Except for the fact that people
cannot schedule them in advance (although I imagine they could be put on
"hold" if necessary) this has worked well for us.

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Sylvia Gagne <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> We also use our library system with a separate inventory system.  This
> works quite well for us as our librarian manages all of our smaller
> equipment.  She is also the first level of tech support for these pieces,
> which is a great help.
>

> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 8:24 AM, Josh Blumberg <[log in to unmask]>wrote:
>
>> Michael,
>>
>>     Make sure you look at your school's library catalog system as well and
>> see if this will meet some of your needs.  This is the solution we are using
>> for tracking loaned and checked out equipment at a few ACSU schools.  We do
>> maintain separate spreadsheets for inventory and warranty purposes but the
>> loaning functionality is handled through our library catalog.
>>
>>    - Josh
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 9:09 AM, School Information Technology Discussion
>> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>> I am in the midst of researching asset tracking software for CVU's Media
>>> Services circulating inventory. I was interested to know what others are
>>> using, and some of the pros and cons you have encountered for how your
>>> institution is run. I am open to any open-source suggestions. As of now I
>>> am looking into the three below:
>>>
>>> RedBeam, Check In Check Out
>>> Jolly, Asset Track Enterprise Edition
>>> PrimaSoft, Equipment Tracker Pro, v2.7
>>>
>>> I need it to support the following:
>>>   * Configurable Rental and Overdue Settings by Item
>>>   * Item Barcode Label Printing
>>>   * Flexible User Defined Fields
>>>   * Reporting with Scope and Sort Capabilities
>>>   * Transaction History
>>>   * Import and Export with Microsoft® Excel
>>>   * Track by Patron, and Department/location
>>>   * Calculate Rental and Overdue Fees
>>>
>>> and would like for it to be able to accommodate for this:
>>>   * Easy-to-Use Interface
>>>   * Notify Users of Items Overdue
>>>   * Track Item Usage
>>>   * Networking or web base
>>>   * Patron Pics
>>>
>>> any input would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> --
>>> Michael Dumont II
>>> Education Media Design & Technology Coordinator
>>>
>>> "It's only after you've lost everything,
>>> that you're free to do anything"
>>> Chuck Palahniuk
>>>

> --
> smg
>
> Sylvia Gagne
> Georgia Elementary & Middle School
> 4416 Ethan Allen Highway
> St. Albans, VT 05478
>
>  CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in
> this transmission is privileged and confidential information
> intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
> above. If the reader of this message is not the intended
> distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly
> prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, do
> not read it. Please immediately reply to the sender that you received this communication in error and then delete it.
> [...]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the message.