Common Merganser babies off Burlington waterfront

Hi - this is late reported but Sunday and Monday evening I saw a mother
Common Merganser with her twelve! babies first at Perkins Pier, then just to
the south of the Roundhouse.  So cute!  Black and white with fuzzy brown
heads.They and the mom put their "faces" in the water to see what was down
there, then dove in if it was worth it.  The babies would swim like crazy to
get on her back if she was moving away from them, then if she dove, they all
fell off.

Priscilla Douglas
Burlington