At 07:43 AM 6/7/2011, Greg Petrics wrote:
>2.) Night shots/long exposures. P&S cameras simply have too much
>electronics in too small a space, and hence have extensive noise in
>their exposures that last more than a few seconds.

Just to clarify, what Greg is saying here refers to the size of the
sensor and the amount of pixels crammed onto it. This is why a 6MP
DSLR can vastly outperform 10MP P&S cameras (we'll ignore differences
in lens quality for this discussion). More mega pixels doesn't
necessarily mean a photo can be blown up more with good results.

-marc