Waves are very complicated.  But they look simple and elegant.  Again, Waves
and Beaches by Willard Bascom.
As far as wildlife in the waves goes, there a lot of seals out on the Cape.
They pop up and look straight at you before a big set arrives.  They know
the set is coming before you can see it.  (Other surfers say the same
thing.  I'm nuts,but not about this.

John Bonin